An advantage of being an Independent Public School is that Aveley North Primary School established a school board that is representative of the school community including staff, parents and school partners.
The School Board supports the school in many ways, providing the expertise of its diverse membership to create and foster exciting opportunities for the school.
The School Board is playing a major role in the accountability of Aveley North Primary School and represents the values and aspirations of our school community. Through the strong leadership and support of the Board, our school is enhancing the educational opportunities of our students. The Board also assists and supports staff and parents to strive for the very best for our school.
Functions of the Board
The functions of the Board are as provided in Section 128 of the School Education Act 1999 and include:
- Work within the Department of Education’s relevant legislation and regulations;
- Endorse and review the annual budget;
- Assist with the formulation of Codes of Conduct;
- Participate in a review of the performance of the School;
- Provide advice to Principal on religious education and related activities;
- Create interest, within and across the community, about the School;
- Approve fees, charges, contributions and items of personal use (booklists);
- Approve extra cost optional components of programs;
- Approve arrangements for sponsorship or advertising;
- Liaise with other committees within the school e.g. the P & C.
The Board meets four times per year and one of these meetings is a public meeting to which the school community is invited. The Board also hold workshops for board members to review the overall quality of the programs offered within the school and the progress of the School against its key performance indicators.
School Board Representatives 2019
Melissa Dunne Carey Kawaka
Barbara Thompson Jenna Thompson
Chris Brackenreg Helen Taylor
Sherrilee Nelson Lara Ryniker