Our Athletics Carnival is fast approaching. The house carnivals consist of events including running, throwing, jumping and catching so the students can showcase their talents after the many hours of training and practising as part of the physical education program here at school. Due to the COVID-19 situation and the Government’s maintenance of the Phase 4 restrictions, we have had to adjust how the carnival will run on the main day and essentially break the day into 3 events where only parents of those children competing will attend their respective timeslot and students will only be outside in their allotted timeslot. The breakdown for the week is as follows:
- Monday 14 September- Jumps, throws and long distance events remain in place as scheduled and a program will be sent out detailing the approximate times for events.
- Tuesday 15 and Thursday 17 September- These two days will be designated to respective Kindergarten groups to participate in their own afternoon mini carnival with a race and some novelty events. With a 1.00pm start parents will be invited to bring a picnic lunch and come and watch their child participate.
- On Wednesday 16 September- The House Carnival will remain in place with some adjustments to accommodate the 2 square metre rule for parents. Essentially the program will be staggered across the day as follows:
- Year 2 – 3 8.40 – 10.00am
- Morning tea 10.00 – 10.20am
- PP – Year 1 10.20 – 12.00pm
- Lunch 12.00 – 12.30pm
- Year 4 – 6 12.30 – 2.00pm
The P&C will also be supporting all carnivals and will detail what is happening in separate ‘Connect’ notices. We look forward to seeing you there but would politely request that we are still under the 2 square metre rule for visitors in site and we respectfully ask that you self-monitor this on the day. We have tried to spread the events and students on the day to help with this.